Image Map

Monday, January 31, 2011

Anemia

I mentioned a few posts ago about anemia from this pregnancy. Today I have been at the end of my rope. Part of that is from being uncomfortable. The other part is that I woke up at 5 am after very poor sleep and I am so so tired. My entire body feels heavy. In fact I feel so sluggish it's kind of how I felt before I was taking my thyroid medication. Like I could sink into the couch cushions and never get up. Hard to explain. Just dead tired. So I looked up the symptoms of  Anemia on WebMD.

Symptoms common to many types of anemia include the following:
  • Easy fatigue and loss of energy - check
  • Unusually rapid heart beat, particularly with exercise - sometimes, not very frequent
  • Shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise - um yes, all the time. But I have been blaming that on the pregnancy. It could go either way. But even at rest I feel sort of "starved for air" if that makes any sense?
  • Difficulty concentrating - check
  • Dizziness - check
  • Pale skin - check (however I do live in Seattle, I'm always pale)
  • Leg cramps - check
  • Insomnia - OMG YES! Insomnia! And usually I sleep so well. 
I am getting my CBC redrawn on Sunday with a follow up appt. on Monday. I am very curious to see what the labs are. To bad I can't blame my irritability on this. Guess I'll blame that on the insomnia and hormones. Ok gonna go make a snow cone.... FYI I did start an iron supplement this week but so far I don't feel any different.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits