Image Map

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th - Nursing in my shoes

These are my shoes. My nursing shoes to be exact. Well worn and stained. They are the most comfortable pair I own. They keep my feet safe from God only knows what inhabits the hospital floor. They are with me during those long 12 hour shifts. If those shoes could talk...

Anyhow, here is a nice poem I found. :)

Sometimes I forget why I'm a nurse
And what's really in my heart.

Sometimes I'm just too busy
I don't know where to start.

Then someone holds my hand,
And greets me with a smile.

They ask if I could stay with them
For just a little while.

If I can calm a sorrowed heart
Just because I'm there.

Then I'm reminded why I'm a Nurse
It's all because I care.

Author unknown

And a fun one for us night shifters (true too)
If you waken a patient at night,
Please be gentle, don't give him a fright.
And stand back from the bed.
If he's out of his head,
He might try to punch out both your lights.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits