Image Map

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

6th Grade Eve

It's the night before my oldest baby girl starts 6th grade. Middle school. YUP. you heard me.  MIDDLE SCHOOL... the place where the big kids go. The place where kids go from babies to teens. How did this happen so fast? I remember the day she was born. Literally like it was yesterday! I still remember the shock when my doctor announced that I was in labor and "today was THE day". 
And now... middle school. She is my first born.  This means that every milestone that is her first is also MY first. I cried that day I sent her to Kindergarten. I died inside when she told me that she was lonely on the playground and I wanted SO badly to go to school and be her friend. Yet, she found her way. She made some friends and blossomed. She always has.
I still remember the day her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Park, called me at home to let me know that Mackenzy had lost her very first tooth on the playground and they couldn't find it. *sigh* We told her the tooth fairy would go find and that it was no big deal. 
Her first day riding the bus - mommy died a little inside. Worried to death that she wouldn't make it home on the right bus. Yet she did. 

More tomorrow. This mama has to be up at 6 am to braid Mackenzy's hair and get us all out the door. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits