Image Map

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Early mornings

I have not blogged in FOREVER. I guess that goes with the territory when you have 4 kids. Blogging becomes a luxury. Tonight I fell asleep with Liam on the couch at 10 pm. Worn out most of the day I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. And now here I am awake since 3 am (it is now 4:30 am). And here I sit in a chair nursing my little man. It's funny how being awake and having quiet makes you think. So I figured since I don't have a 2 yr old tugging on my arm asking for a "cuppy" or a "viiiimin" (vitamin) and a 4 yr old bouncing all over the place I can sit here while I nurse and reflect and record my thoughts. Who knew! Moms of 4 kids have their own thoughts that do not include the tv schedule for Disney Junior. Haha. Well....

What was I saying?

Oh yes. The quiet. The soft woosh woosh of the dishwasher and gentle snores of little Liam as he dozes here in my arms are so peaceful. His little eyelashes flutter against his soft squishy baby cheeks. His yummy baby smell co-mingles with the heady smell of the rain from last night. Heaven. This must be what heaven is like. Peace. Soft babies. What else do we need really?

(I just got interrupted by Mack who came down stairs to see why I am up)

I know someday when I can sleep all night uninterrupted I will miss this. These early morning wake up nursing sessions. So I am working on not focusing on my tired body and more on how lucky I am to have a sweet healthy baby who loves to be close to me all night. (And all day). I know someday he won't want to be snuggled up against my chest. So drink it in. And enjoy the early morning hours rather than mourn your sleep. This time will pass so quickly. My very last baby is now almost 7 months old. Blink and its gone.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits